Thursday, May 10, 2007

Crib and lab results


My mom and dad bought us our crib and Elliott put it together Monday night. Only took him 45 mins. It matches our bed exactly. We are so excited. Now we are just ready for the bedding.

I got my blood drawn 4 times on Monday, once every hour. The first hour was rough since I didn't have anything in my stomach and I drank a big thing of orange sugar, it made me a little nauseous. But I did pretty good. I got my results Friday and they said my first test was normal but everything else was abnormal. Second test should be below 180 and mine was 188. Third test should be below 155 and mine was 168. So they are going to put me on a 2000 calorie a day diet. I have to cut back on sugars and carbs again. I have to prick my finger and test my blood 4 times a day for a week. Then fax them my results and if it is still high then they will put me on insulin. So this is pretty crappy. I lost weight over the weekend, so I might lose even more. The nurse said that if I do lose weight then they will increase my calories. So kinda crazy.

7 comments:

Zach and Codi said...

I love the crib. I love the boxy look. Does it change into a twin bed and day bed also.

Malinda said...

Beautiful Crib. That stinks about your blood tests. You should be able to eat whatever when you are pregnant. That is one of the perks!! Hope you feel better and can gain more weight too.

Garland's said...

zach- it does change into a day bed and a full bed. cool huh?

Rhonda said...

Sorry about the tests. That really stinks! Hopefully you won't have to do insulin!!!

Crystal said...

That sucks!! I'm sorry you have to do all that.

I love the crib though!! It's so fun getting ready for the baby, isn't it?!?!?!

~Jen~ said...

Sorry about the blood tests! Sometimes the side effects of pregnancy aren't that fun, but the end results are worth it! :)

Great crib!

Anonymous said...

Good post.