Thursday, April 16, 2009

Story Time

Ok, I'm finally sitting down to write down the labor and delivery story. It is long and detailed so if you decide to read it, sorry, but this blog is kind of a journal for me now. I guess for a couple of weeks now I have had some kind of contractions. Wednesday the 8th I lost my mucus plug, so I figured she was coming soon. Saturday I went on a walk and the whole time my stomach was tight. After a long time Elliott got his big, I mean HUGE, flat screen t.v. So we had Chase and his girlfriend come over and watched Yes Man. About 11:50 I started to have tightening in my stomach with some, what I thought was gas pains. So I figured for kicks I would time them for an hour. And they were pretty regular, they were 4 mins apart for about 1 min long. When the movie was over I went upstairs to read when I should call the doctor. I sat down on my bed to read then got up, and a huge gush of water came out. I yelled for Elliott and told him it was time. So he frantically was cleaning up and getting our bags ready. I straightened my hair and called the doctor and then called my parents. It was about 1:20am when this happened. The contractions were getting stronger so I knew we had to hurry. When my parents got here Elliott was still trying to get things ready and I went out to the car but didn't make it, I had to get on my hands and knees to get through a contraction. The car trip to the hospital was like 5 mins but felt like forever, it seemed like Elliott was going so slow. My contractions were 2 mins apart by this time. We got to the hospital and I was walking fast, made it to the door but had to get on my hands and knees to get through another contraction. Elliott told me to get up that we had to go. I was crawling through the door. We had to sit down and make sure the paperwork was done. I again had to get to the floor and this time I felt like I had to push. The nurse said to hold on and she wheeled me upstairs. We checked in at 2:09 and I was in a gown and the nurse checked me and I was at a 10 with a +2. They called the doctor to make sure he was coming. Each contraction I felt like I had to push, but the nurse said to hold it and breath through it till the doctor got here. He got there in like 10 mins and got all ready and I pushed 4 times. The last 2 pushes burned so bad. She was out at 2:28am. The cord was wrapped around her neck twice and she had fluid in her lungs. The doctor delivered the placenta and then stitched me up. He was sewing for what seemed like forever. I am so glad it was a quick delivery. This was tons better then my first!
This is us going home. Why does it take them hours to discharge us???
Cole loves to give her kisses. He is trying to be helpful and gentle, but its so hard.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

She's precious! It sounds like you barely made it. And it was fast like my last one. The recovery with him was so much EASIER and FASTER too. Keep posting pictures (in between rest).

A Healing Within said...

Aleshia, I guess in Yoga, they call that position Downward Dog!!! I had no idea you were crawling in the door of the hospital!!! The baby is beautiful, and we are looking forward to seeing her grow. Love to you all

Lisa Anderson said...

Congratulations Aleisha! Sounds like a crazy trip there, but happy for you it was a fast delivery. Your family is so cute. Hope you're doing well. :)

Mindy said...

wow, that is amazing how fast she came. I'm glad you made it, though! I'll have to come see you soon!

Ruth said...

I'm glad you made it! Sounds like you almost had her in route! So happy for you all!!

The Valenzuelas said...

I am so happy for you guys!! She is Beautiful! sounds like it went pretty fast, thats great!! congratulations I would love to come see her!! Hope all is well and everyone is adjusting! Have fun and give her lots of kisses

Robin said...

I find it hilarious that you straightened your hair before leaving for the hospital. Congrats on your little beauty!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

congratulations on that adorable baby!!!