Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Baby

When we got the sonogram the nurse thought she already looked cute and I can see she already has chubby cheeks.
I'm 29 weeks here.

It was a nice day out and I made us smoothies. Kids love pretending they are asleep.


I have been craving homemade ice cream for awhile and since it has raw eggs I cant eat it. But when we tried snow cream, YUMMY. It tastes just like homemade ice cream. Thanks Codi!



We tried to play outside when it snowed last week, but the kids were just too cold.
Yesterday was a crazy day! On the way to take Cole to preschool we ran out of gas. Of course on one of the coldest days we have ever had. But the police came and tried to help. I told her my friend was going to get gas for me and should be back in a little bit. She said she could either try and push me out of the way since we were blocking traffic right after an icy bridge, or she would have to call a tow truck that I would have to pay for. So I said just push me. She then told me they are not liable for any damage to my car. So she pushed me and a light was coming up that I had to turn at and she was pushing really fast. I tried to turn and it was icy when I was turning. I thought we were going to flip over. It was so scary. We were finally out of the way and I got some gas from my friend. Then Cole went to preschool and Izzie and I went grocery shopping. After nap we went to meet Elliott at the doctor to get a consult to have surgery on his nose. Then we took flowers and visited Big Mom at the hospital since she is having surgery on her ankle. After we went to visit Big Dad at the Rehab center. They both seem to be going down hill fast. While I was getting the kids out of the car to see him, the car was in park and was turned off and it all of a sudden started sliding forward. I jumped in the car to make sure it was in park and threw on the E brake. Scared me to death, luckily Cole was out of the way and Izzie was in her seat. After the visit it was to slick for me to back up out of the parking spot so Elliott came to help. We had dinner at On The Border. What a crazy day!
Conversations with Cole:
Cole: "Mom, I changed my attitude"
Me: "How did you change your attitude?"
Cole: while pointing to his head, "I thought really hard, and changed my attitude."
Yesterday Izzie was really upset and getting spankings and Cole said,
"Mom, dont give Izzie anymore spankings." "Its ok Izzie. Calm down. Take a deep breath."
He can be such a sweet brother sometimes.
End of journal entry!




2 comments:

Charlotte Garland said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your very eventful day!!! Good to hear you got through it.

Elliott's having nasal surgery?
Did anyone tell his parents?

diana said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful. I'm glad you guys made it through it all.