Saturday, April 12, 2008

These shoes aren't made for walking (just yet)

We bought his first pair of shoes today at a garage sale. I love them!This is his 8 month picture.
I have to share our "Storm story"...
So Thursday morning about 4am I was awake and all of a sudden heard an alarm. I saw lightening outside so I turned on the tv and there was a tornado warning for Collin County. So I tried to wake up Elliott and told him we need to get downstairs. I went to wake up my mom and dad and then Whitney and got Cole. It started hailing really bad and our electricity went off. We got downstairs and my dad went to the door and opened it up to watch the storm. Elliott went to go check on his bike. Cole had to have his diaper changed twice since he and I have been kinda sick. So we were waiting it out and it sounded like an airplane flew by. It was really scary. After about 30 mins it was all clear and we went back to sleep. That was the first time in Allen a tornado has been that close.

7 comments:

EMILY said...

you have such a cutelittle guy!!! We had fun staring at him in church a couple weeks ago!

i would love to do your hair...just let me know when I love when people get brave a chop it all off...short hair is sooo nice!

Rhonda said...

Wow those shoes look brand new! So cute!

Michelle said...

Aleshia! How are you! It's so great to hear from your and see your little guy on your blog. He is adorable. I'm glad to see you're doing well :)

A Healing Within said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea. Good to hear you were all okay.

A Healing Within said...

When Cole smiles like that...It makes me think he just ate the head off a chick!!!

Aud said...

Glad we met for lunch on Saturday! It was good to see you, and of course good to meet Cole. He's such a cutie! Love his new shoes!

Lisa Anderson said...

Love the shoes, so cute! I do visit your blog often and see how your cute family is doing. Glad you all are doing so well. Please tell your family hello as well! :) Keep in touch.