Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Addition

Brooke Celine Garland
April 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm
7 lbs 11 oz, 19 inches long

I had been waiting to go into labor any day. At week 38 I was 3 cm dilated. At the end of week 39 Dr Reyes stretch my membranes to see if anything would happen and nothing did so we scheduled an induction on the exact date of my 40 weeks. He was worried she would be big since I had gestational diabetes. I was cramping a lot after he stretch my membranes so I thought I would go into labor that day. But Tuesday the 19th came and we checked into the hospital at 6am and they got us situated in a room. I got prepped with IVs and monitored the baby's heart. By 9 the doctor came in and broke my water and we waited to see if anything would happen and it didn't. So at 10:30 they gave me pitocin and waited again. Contractions started and they started hard and fast. I remembered how hard they were with Cole and told them to get me an epidural. 11:30 I got the epidural and felt so much better. Contractions were so close together by 12 I was at a 10 and Dr Reyes came. I pushed 3 times and she came out. The cord was around her neck, but she was fine. Elliott filmed her coming out for me. Its such a miracle. It took her awhile to warm up, so she was under some heating light. We didn't have a name when she came out, but by day 2 Elliott came up with Brooke and Coren mentioned Celine since that's my favorite singer. So here she is. She has been a great baby and the kids just adore her. Izzie is always saying, "Hold it, Brooke" and "kisses". Its so cute!
For those who have weak stomachs don't look at this next picture:
On March 24th we decided to go to the park with Natasha and Giovanny. I was going to walk but Natasha said lets drive. So we played at the park by our house for a little while. Cole was playing with some older boys and after a few mins we heard him screaming and saw him running towards us. Since I was so pregnant I couldn't move very fast, so Natasha went after him and yelled, "He's bleeding." When I got to him I could see the gash was very deep. I said we have to go to the ER now. So I grabbed a wipe from Natasha's bag and put it over his head and we packed the kids up in the car drove by my house to get my purse and drove to the hospital. I tried to call Elliott 4 times and he finally called me back and said, " This better be an emergency" and I said it was to meet us at the hospital. He was having a check up from his nose. We waited in the ER about an hour before they first saw us. Then another hour for check in. Then another hour till the doctor saw us. Natasha took Izzie and Giovanny to our house while we were getting stitches. They put some numbing gel in his cut then about 30 mins later came and stitched his head. He was freaking out, screaming and crying. He got 4 stitches and his first tetanus shot. My wonderful parents showed up and Cole was so glad to see them. Needless to say Cole got ice cream at 9 o'clock when we got home. All this from chasing after some older boys, tripping and falling on the balance beam.
On March 3rd Elliott had surgery on his nose and tonsils. He had been waking up every morning with migraines because he wasn't able to breath very well.

1 comment:

Zach and Codi said...

What a busy and crazy month or so huh? That pic of Cole kinda looks fake.