Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Out of Town




Last week I was able to drive up to Oklahoma and watch my nephews. The drive up was great, Cole and Isabel slept 3 hours. Cole was just getting over the flu or swine flu not sure which one, so he still had a cough and was taking medicine which is not fun trying to trick him to drink it. Xander and Cole, who are 9 months apart could not get along for even 5 minute without hitting, biting or yelling. That was the worst part of it. I was just thankful Izzie and Blayne were so good. Zach cooked for us the whole time and it was absolutely wonderful. (Thanks Zach!) All in all, I loved being with my family.
We got back Thursday night and Friday night Elliott and I went to an awesome Halloween party. He dressed up as a hockey player, and I didn't dress up.
Saturday morning we left for the farm to go camping. We went to an auto show, launched a toy rocket (which was my favorite part), ate delicious brisket and chicken that my wonderful brother-in-law smoked (Thanks Brian!), rode dirt bikes, and ate smores. The kids did awesome. I had tons of blankets so they wouldn't freeze, and they were probably hot and Cole slept all night. It was a great weekend, the weather was perfect and it was great spending time with the in-laws.


On a journal note: I was changing Izzie on the changing table yesterday, I turned around to put the diaper in the trash and she rolled off and landed on her back. It is 4 feet off the ground. She cried for about 10 mins and I cried for over an hour. I was so worried and so mad at myself. I felt horrible. Luckily my friend called me soon after and I told her what happened and she said I could take her to her husband who is a chiropractor and he checked her out and said she was ok. That gave me such a piece of mind. I guess Heavenly Father had whispered to her that I needed help. I'm so glad that my prayers are answered!

4 comments:

diana said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about Izzy. Those things happen, don't beat yourself up.

Mindy said...

that is so scary! I let my brother shawn roll off our kitchen table when he was a baby. He turned out ok...I guess! j/k what a fun road trip for you and the kids.

Robin said...

I think every mom has had an awful "oops" moment like that. Don't feel too badly about it! I think babies are tougher than they look.

ponderer said...

I totally cringed when you were talking about izzy falling to the ground. I have such resilient niece and nephews